Last Updated: 14 October, 2021
This policy is applicable to the Email Verification API (the "Service") offered by Legitmailbox (legitmailbox.com) through RapidAPI platform (https://rapidapi.com/rupjyotidev/api/legitmailbox).
You can use the Email Verification Service/API only to verify email addresses that were submitted to you directly by the user/owner of those email address and you have permission to send emails to them.
We are serious about our Anti Spam Policy. If we find that you are verifying emails which were not submitted to you, we reserve the right to ban your RapidAPI account from accessing our API/ Verification Service.
1. You can verify emails if they are collected in the following ways:
The primary rule is that you can verify emails that are submitted directly to you and the users have opted to receive emails from you.
- Submission of email address as part of downloading anything from your website.
- Subscription to your email newsletter by filling the subscription form embedded in your website
- Email provided while ordering or making a purchase in your website.
- Emails collected via Signup forms/Registration forms, provided they opted to receive emails from you.
- Emails collected via any 3rd party forms (created by you, such as Google forms or Zoho survey), provided the users themselves filled the forms and opted to receive emails from you.
2. You will also strictly comply with the following rules:
- You should have explicit permission to send emails to the email addresses you verify and the emails have been directly submitted to you
- You shall not verify email addresses that you have bought, rented or acquired from a third party.
- You shall not verify email addresses that you have collected from other websites or obtained from search engine results
- You shall not verify spam trap addresses to harm the reputation of the verification service.
- You shall not verify auto generated email addresses or by guessing email address of people
- You shall not attempt to find an email of a person by permuting/guessing various combination of probable email address. This is called Directory Harvest Attack (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directory_harvest_attack)
If above rules are violated, we reserve the right to ban your RapidAPI account from accessing our API/ Verification Service
3. Contact Us
If you have any questions about our Anti Spam Policy, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org